A group of friends, checking out the food scene and talking bout stuff.

Tuesday 29 July 2014

[The Entertainer app] Roosevelt's Diner and Bar

03:05 Posted by Unknown , , , No comments

Located at the corner or Dorsett Residences in Tanjong Pagar, Roosevelt's has been attracting a pretty decent crowd with their casual dining at friendly prices and swanky decor. I was here a couple days back with my partner and was utterly blown away by the burgers and hence decided to come back again. Oh, did I mention they have 1 for 1 drinks from 5-8pm too?



I ordered the Southern Fried Chicken $18, and for that price I've got to say it's worth it. The chicken came out nice and crisp and was seasoned well to boot. Cut into the skin and you're welcomed with that *crrrack* sound followed by the juices runneth over. Thank god they didn't use the breast meat. If you're starving, order something else as well in addition to this dish.

My partner had the Mushroom Cheddar Beef Burger $22 which I actually ordered a couple days back and raved about it non stop. Unfortunately... inconsistencies have come to bite them back. The mushrooms lacked seasoning and was waaaaaay undercooked... The pattie had mad decent flavors and charring as before , but was overcooked. (Our table ordered 3 burgers and all came out with different done-ness and one of em even complained hers was bloody dry). We were told by the waitstaff that the kitchen changed and were not requesting for the done-ness of the patties anymore much to our disappointment. Chips were definitely cooked and left out a long time as every bite I took just made me cringe even more. Their house-made brioche bum was top notch tough. It had a nice density and buttery tinge to it, and easily soaked up the juices from the meat and didn't break apart.


With the epic waffle craze storming through our nation, we thought it was a good idea to share a Churros Waffle $12 with cinnamon sugar, mocha sauce and a huge dollop of ice cream. Their waffle came out nice and hot, and was crisp even after 4 people took a zillion shots of it before tucking it. Now me not being a waffle connoisseur, I actually enjoyed this as it was part fluffy, part chewy. BUT.... the ice cream totally and utterly destroyed it for me. It was probably a $3 tub from Giant supermarket as every bite just sent more ice shards into my mouth leaving me grumpy and nursing my pint instead.

After all that's been said and done, I'll actually head back again to try their other dishes. (their truffle fish pie looks amazing...)

Roosevelt's Diner&Bar
331 New Bridge Road
#01-02 Dorsett Residences (088764)
Right above Outram Park MRT

Now if you've read through this and was wondering what the heck is the entertainer app... do let me explain. You basically get access to all 770+ buy one get one free offers at some of the hottest restaurants, nightspots, spas and activities. Especially useful if you're a foodie too, since each merchant provides more than 3 vouchers; meaning that you can visit participating restaurants more than once! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment